Fast Experimentation with Neural Networks
Graphic script editor
The graphic editor allows an easy first approach to the creation of scripts within FENNIX. With this graphic interface you can:
- Create variables.
- Assign any FNNXObject to a variable.
- Call any FNNXFunction.
- Translate the tree-shaped script into a text script.
- Save the tree-shaped script into the hard disk.
- Load a tree-shaped script from the hard disk.
How to use the graphic script editor
The graphic editor can be accessed by selecting the panel Graphic Editor from the Experiment panel. The right side of the panel shows the current state of the tree-shaped script. It allows you to navigate through the different nodes by opening or closing them. The left side of the panel contains the buttons for editing the script.
Additionally, the panel has a context menu with three basic functionalities:
- Var: Creates a new variable. Clicking on this button allows you to create a new variable and to give it a name.
- New: Creates a new FNNXObject. Clicking on this button allows you to initialize a new FNNXObject by selecting the desired object from a list. This list shows all the available objects.
- Call: Calls a FNNXFunction. Clicking on this button allows you to call any FNNXFunction available by selecting it from a list.
- Insert/Append: Controls the behaviour of the editor. If Insert is selected, the editor will insert new nodes before the selected position in the tree structure. If Append is selected, the editor will append new nodes at the end of the selected node in the tree structure.
- Clear before: Select whether the text editor must be cleared before translating. Selecting this option makes the Translate button to clear the text script panel before translating the tree-shaped script.
- Translate: Translates the tree-shaped script into a text script and copies it in the text script panel.
- Save: Saves the tree-shaped script into the hard disk.
- Load: Loads the tree-shaped script from the hard disk.
- Delete this node: Deletes the selected node if this is not the root of the tree.
- Delete all nodes: Deletes all the nodes in the tree.
- Edit node: Opens the configuration window for the selected node.
The list of available tools
Each time you click on the button New or Call a scrolling list appear. This list shows you the available FNNXObject or FNNXFunction currently available in FENNIX. To select one of these items, you should double-click on the desired item. By double-clicking you open the configuration window of the item that will show you the parameters that have to be set for each particular FNNXObject. The following images show an example of the scrolling list and the configuration window of one FNNXObject.
Last modification 10 April 2012
by Héctor Satizábal.